Thursday 16 September 2010

A new beginning

My tale takes us back quite a few years...
It was in December, when the snow had fallen and the lakes had frozen ice solid that I and one of the few friends I had at the time, had just quit school for the day and was on our way to my house. The path from the school to my house was not a very long one though one would have to either go around a lake, which was and still is the town's biggest one, or in our case go through it, now don't get any pictures in your head, as I said before it was ice solid so we didn't swim over!
 While walking on the ice my friend was talking about all sorts of stuff, which was probably the case if anyone saw us anywhere - he was the one talking and I was the one listening, I didn't say much back then. While my friend was babbling he got into a very interesting subject - The lore of Warcraft 3. This wasn't a game I was familiar with and it started to sound real interesting to me. The thing I remember most from this day was 'Arthas', the story of the crown prince that fell to a corrupted path. I kept asking questions about it and my interesting for this game grew and grew, he also told me that there was a new game newly released from the same creators called 'World of Warcraft', this was a game you had to pay for every month though and there it ended for me...or so I thought.
Christmas was coming up and I had a very...persuading conversation with my mother about this game and surprisingly she thought it was OK, as long as I payed the game myself. Guess what I got in Christmas present! And my friend too! We were overjoyed and even though I don't remember very well I can't imaging it taking many hours before I sat there, creating my very first character, a human priest... though he got screwed later and deleted, it still was my first.
What was your first character? Do you still play it or did you like me delete him/her?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like i have been there. When we walked on that Frozen lake. Arthas was a intresting guy, yeah. before Wotlk, he just became a big wimp! looking forward to another blogg!

    - Zombie

    ReplyDelete